If It's Fiber...

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I made Georgie from Wee Wonderful's Olive Pattern. We gave her to one of my son's classmates from his Tae Kwon Do class for her birthday. The pattern really does make the cutest doll. I had a hard time deciding which of my fabric scraps to use for her dress and shoes. I made her hair and coloring like the girl we gave it to. Here, Georgie is playing with a Fisher Price Jetliner that my mom had still in storage ready to give as a birthday present. We have quite a few new toys from the 80s that she kept on hand for emergency gifts. With 4 kids, I'm sure there were birthday parties to attend often. She gave this one to my son last fall, when he was interested in airplanes. (He was disappointed that it wasn't orange, for all of his planes will be orange when he grows up.)

2 Comments:

  • Ann hon did you hear about Tasha Tudor? So sad isn't it?

    Thinking of you!

    Hugs!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 PM  

  • Hey a post! So cool! I bet she loved the doll. What a sweet gift. Though not as sweet as my DMB gifts- you are the best! I know you're getting this in your thank you card and on my blog, but those gifts- seriously- AMAZING. Thank you so much!!
    Hoping all is well there!

    By Blogger Emily, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home