If It's Fiber...

Sunday, September 16, 2007

The first of the bridesmaids' shawls is complete. I have only to block it. I've already started the second one. With a month to go I think I will be okay.
I found some great retro space kids fabric. I made two pillowcases out of them. One for Bruce and one for my neice, who wants to be like Bruce. Pillowcases are something that I just love. If there is a fabric that I can't stand to be without, I know that if I get a yard, I can always make it into a pillowcase. That way, the fabric is still whole and if I ever want to make anything else out of it, I can easily do it.
LAst here is a backpack carrier I made for Flora. The basic pattern is from Piecework Magazine's Jan/Feb 2005 issue. Actually, the shawl above is form there too. But in the pattern it is a garter stitch shawl, and I thought it would do better as stockingette stitch. I bought the hardware for the clips at REI, an outdoor store. I'll have to get someone to get a pic of it in use for me.

Pointy Kitty is almost done, and I have a dress for Flora for the wedding in the works. I've also been learning some Italian Smocking. I'll have to tell more another time. Now it's late and I'm pooped!


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • beautiful shawl!! I love to knit but don't have much time. Elisa

    karenelisam.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Elisa Morrison, at 9:34 PM  

  • Wow,lovely shawl and you have been very busy creating and mommying!!!
    Terry

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 PM  

  • Hello,I don't have another email address for you, but I would like to contact you about our once a month knit group....we would love for you to come.
    Hugs,
    Linda Wagoner

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home